Accessibility Statement for www.weiner.law
The Weiner Law Group is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We believe all persons should be able to access our site and are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the most recent accessibility standards and best practices.
Measures to support accessibility
The Weiner Law Group is taking the following measures to ensure accessibility of our website and our webstore:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Appoint an accessibility officer.
- Include people with disabilities in our design personas.
- Ensure our social media is accessible.
- Ensure our physical spaces are accessible.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
The Weiner Law Group website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some content parts do not fully conform to the accessibility standards, but others do.
As of December 2022, we are in the process of assessing and remediating our website to the new WCAG 2.2 criteria so as to conform to all WCAG standards once they are officially adopted by the W3C in early 2023.
Additional Accessibility Considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.2 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria:
- Images of text are only used for decorative purposes.
- Re-authentication, after a session expires, does not cause loss of data.
- All main text has a contrast ratio of at least 7:1.
- Context-sensitive help is available.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on our site:
- Phone: +973-564-0713, ask for Sarah Clark
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Postal address: 629 Parsippany Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054
We try to respond to feedback within five business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Weiner Law Group website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with VoiceOver on Mac OS.
- Google Chrome with NVDA on Windows 10.
- Google Chrome with JAWS on Windows 10.
- Google Chrome with VoiceOver on iOS
- Google Chrome with Talkback on Android
The Weiner Law Group website may not be compatible with:
- Browsers older than three major versions
- Mobile operating systems older than three years
The accessibility of our website relies on the following technologies to work with different web browsers and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the WCAG standards.
Barriers and Limitations
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Weiner Law Group website, there may be some limitations. These include some WCAG 2.1 issues that are in the process of being remediated and issues related to the new WCAG 2.2 standards which are being applied. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please get in touch with us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for www.weiner.law
- Bypass blocks: Bypass blocks may not be currently active while they are being updated. If you experience missing bypass blocks, please utilize keyboard navigation. You may also need to refresh the website in your browser.
- Focus indicator: Focus indicators may not appear while they are being updated to the new WCAG 2.2 standards. Using a screen reader to announce elements or enlarging your browser page may help. Refresh your browser on your next site visit.
- ALT+Text for images: uploaded images may not have text alternatives. We monitor user comments and try to repair issues within five business days of notification.
- Autocomplete missing: Some form fields may be missing a valid autocomplete attribute while forms are being updated. Required fields are identified in multiple ways including visual indicators.
- Archived documents: might not work with current assistive technologies because they use outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We convert documents to new formats upon request. Please get in touch with [email protected] for support.
New Possibilities Group, LLC, assessed the accessibility of the Weiner Law Group website by utilizing the following approaches:
- External evaluation using automated scanning.
- External evaluation using assistive technology.
- External evaluation using manual assessment techniques by persons with documented disabilities.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Weiner Law Group, LP
Sarah Clark, Director of Human Resources
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within five business days and propose a solution within ten business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the national authority should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.