David J. Heintjes, Esq. is a ferocious advocate committed to providing his clients with personalized aggressive representation since 2003. He has tried cases to verdict in both the civil and criminal divisions of the New Jersey Superior Court, administrative courts, and state agencies. Mr. Heintjes’ practice focuses on labor and employment law as well as complex litigation where he primarily represents employers, public entities and independent authorities, and boards of education. He is especially experienced in the unique concerns that face public employers, employees, particularly those in law enforcement.
Mr. Heintjes graduated Seton Hall Law in 2003. Upon his admission to the bar that same year, Mr. Heintjes served as Counsel to the largest law enforcement union local in the State of New Jersey. Before joining Weiner Law Group as a partner, Mr. Heintjes owned and operated his own firm for over a decade. Prior to founding his own firm, he was associated with several prominent law firms where he honed his litigation skills in the State and Federal Courts.
Throughout his career, Mr. Heintjes has represented numerous public entities in various capacities, including: Hudson County, City of Newark, Town of North Bergen, Town of West New York, Borough of North Arlington, Township of Vernon. For the last decade, Mr. Heintjes has served as Labor Counsel to the Town of Secaucus.
Mr. Heintjes’ experience includes:
- Negotiation and arbitration of collective bargaining agreements for various municipalities.
- Counsel to various municipalities on labor and employment issues including limiting employer liability, contractual grievances, and employee discipline.
- Conducted workplace investigations
- Conducted anti-discrimination training for employers and employees
- Defended Title VII, NJLAD, 1983 suits.
- Prosecuted employee discipline matters.
- Drafted employee handbooks and employer policy manuals.
- Counsel to several private sector benefit funds of major trade unions.
- Tried hundreds of Civil Service and Non-Civil Service public employee discipline matters.
- Tried hundreds of cases at the Office of Administrative Law and agency level.
- Participated in Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiation which resulted in an 18.25% salary increase over four years with no premium sharing for medical and dental benefits.
- Created and administered a legal plan that covered roughly 6800 union members. This plan included legal counsel for all civil, criminal, and administrative matters.
- Oversaw every facet of litigation including evaluating viability of claims and defenses.
Trial Attorney with practice focuses on:
- Local Government Entities Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Administrative Law
- Appellate Advocacy
- Serious Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- Municipal Court
- Corporate Governance
- Marijuana Law
- ABC Law