Mental Health Friday, May 28, 2021
Join Weiner Law Group attorney, Judge Daniel D’Alessandro (Ret.) on a New Jersey State Bar Association event, Mental Health 101: What to Do When You Encounter Mental Illness in Your Clients or Family, presented on Zoom on June 17, 2021. The event begins at 9:00 AM. Judge D’Alessandro will moderate and speak at the event.
As detailed by the NJICLE:
Approximately 1 in 5 adults in the U.S. – 43.8 million, or 18.5% – experiences mental illness in a
Roughly 1 in 5 youth aged 13–18 (21.4%) experiences a severe mental disorder at some point
during their life.
• Do you know what to do when it becomes clear that your client or a family member has a
significant mental illness?
• Do you know what services are available in a mental health emergency, such as a suicide
• Do you know how to advise clients, friends or family members who may require immediate
treatment for their safety and wellness?
• Are you up to date on the latest treatment in and out-patient options that exist?
• Are you aware of the crisis responses and services available for individuals diagnosed with
mental health disorders and developmental disabilities?
The event is presented by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education,